I have had a passion for art from a very young age taking art as a subject at school and attending classes at Saxonworld, Johannesburg and later obtaining a diploma (3 years) at Paris School of Art.
My passion for Wildlife was enhanced when I worked in the Kruger National Park for a number of years.
Inspired by the raw beauty and the creation of the animal kingdom, it has become my life’s ambition to portray this beauty, and thus compelled to capture the essence of this wilderness and nature in every painting.
My love for the outdoors, South Africa and extensive travels, enhances and enriches her work.
I have achieved popularity and success with my works in the Lowveld where I have lived and worked for the last 16 years but based in Hoedspruit for the last 10 years. My work is also well known nationally and I have had considerable success internationally.
My first exhibition was held at Zoo Lake in Johannesburg, where I had a sell out of all my Art.
Other exhibitions include:
• solo at the “Knysna Nederburg Art Experience”, the prestigious “Knysna Log Inn” W. Cape
• Wildebees Lapa in Kampersrus, Limpopo
• Uplands College festival, White River
• This & That Gallery, Nelspruit
• Frames @ Hoedspruit, Gallery, Limpopo
• Imbizo Art Gallery, Ballito Bay, KZN
• The Hoedspruit Endanged Species Centre, Limpopo
WEB SITE: www.vanessalomasartist.co.za